Bonus points if you can tell what movies they came from (without googling!)
1. “Maybe you should put some shorts on or something, if you want to keep fighting evil today.” Used on the person who is still wearing his/her pajamas at 2:00 in the afternoon, or when a family member attempts the naked dash from the shower to the bedroom after forgetting to bring a change of clean clothes into the bathroom.
2. “Sure, they’re cute now, but in a second they’re gonna get mean, and they’re gonna get ugly somehow, and there’s gonna be a million more of them.” True of cute little compys, cute little aliens, and cute little grade schoolers pouring out of the bus for a field trip.
3. “Not the cow. I just ate that cow! Spasm! Spasm!” All purpose announcement of indigestion.
4. “I’m sorry, I was whack.” “I was whack.” Instantly deflates an argument and prevents it from escalating into something truly ugly.
5. “You gonna eat your tots?” Begging for food from someone else’s plate is a universal annoyance. Being cute about it helps your chances.
6. “We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?” Uttered over the phone in a tone of strangled calm while kids scream, doorbells ring, and glass shatters in the background.
7. “Game over, man! Just game over!” I’ve had it! I give up! Let’s take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. Or, you know, go get some pizza.
8. “Again, information that would have been useful YESTERDAY!” Appropriate reproach for someone who neglects to deliver a critical detail of some kind, resulting in epic FAIL.
9. “Great party, Steve!” Follows the sigh of contentment that accompanies a fun activity, a good night out, or a hair-raising adventure. Meaning: “That rocked! Let’s do it again sometime.”
10. “I came across time for you, <insert name of thing you like>. I love you. I always have.” As in: “I came across time for you, Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I love you. I always have.”
*Answers can be found in the comments section!*